“There is not enough time in a homework session to finish homework and study for a test.”
“I want to help my child with their homework and study for tests, but I don’t know what to do.”
“We end up frustrated and annoyed with each other by the time its all over.”
Benefits of Parent Focus strategies:
- You will feel confident helping your child start their homework.
- You will see exactly where your child needs help. Therefore, you will only need to be there when they are at that point.
- You will free up time from sitting with your child until homework is done. As a result, you will be able to work on other responsibilities or focus on your own interests.
“How do I help my child do their homework in an effective way?”
The Take Note Strategy makes doing homework and studying easier.
- Use this PDF and their homework to create a study guide for your child to follow. As a result, the process of studying becomes simpler.
- You will understand where your child is struggling by breaking down the problem into steps. Consequently, you will focus your energy on the problem area only.
- Create the routine of tracking the steps needed to solve focus problems.
- Studying becomes a simple review of this PDF and a couple of practice problems.
- Directions Infographic: I suggest printing this or saving it on your phone for quick access.
- Take Note PDF: Habits are formed by repetition. Use this form until you feel you and your child are able to create the strategy on your own. (five blank forms are included )
- Remember, each time there is a new technique or type of problem you and your child will need to fill out a new form.
Routines and strategies create habits. Habits are done naturally, with no fight or frustration. Each Parent Focus strategy is designed to create a routine for you and your child to use at home together.