Create a sustainable routine for your child when it comes to doing homework. One that:
- Teaches your child self-sufficiency
- Teaches your child organizational skills
- Teaches your child time management
- Gives you back the time to focus on your hobbies, interests, or other children.
- Keeps you involved and engaged with your child as they do homework.
How? Here’s the process.
- Understand your role as a public school parent. Explore its boundaries.
- Examine the motivations behind your actions when it comes to helping your child with homework.
- Envision the ideal situation you’d like to occur whenever it is homework time.
- Align your new understanding of the role you play, your ideal situation, and the actions you should be taking during homework time with your child’s actual capabilities.
- write out your child’s routine step by step so they can do it even when you’re not around.