Ready to empower your student’s parents?
Want a personalized workshop for your neighborhood or group of friends?
Want to help parents understand their role in helping your school?
Parent Focus offers group workshops that are great for PTA Meetings, parent groups , and more.
Included: A Preparation meeting with school staff:
- What is the school struggling with in terms of parent communication?
- What has staff done to remedy the situation?
- How willing are parents to attend workshops?
- What are some specific things administration and teachers would like to see from parents?
- What do you think parents would like to see from your school? (create a form to be filled out by parents that attend workshop)
- Review lesson plan outline for the Parent Workshop.
Included: 30 minute- 1 hour Parent Workshop
- Warm-ups and Ice-breakers to create an environment of comfort.
- Parent/Teacher meeting Role-play (Putting parents in teacher’s shoes)
- Training on effective communication with school staff
- Handouts of Parents Bill of Rights from DOE Website.
- Group discussion and completion of Preparation form created by Parent Focus and School Staff.
Post Meeting with School Staff:
- Review the form results.
- Discuss key findings and conversations from the workshop.
- Schedule next workshop.