- Ready to empower the parents of your school’s community?
- Want to help parents understand their role in helping their child grow as a student?
Parent Focus offers group workshops that are great for PTA Meetings, parent groups, and more.
Great for Back to School Time:
Studying Starts With Homework
- Allows parents to express frustrations and concerns about the homework routine in their home.
- Provides simple and easy to implement strategies around creating a low frustration homework environment at home.
- Gives parents guidance and tips on helping their children understand and learn the value of time management and organization.
Great for Parent Teacher Conference Months:
Maximize Your Results From Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Discusses parental concerns and questions regarding Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Provides and explains a series of questions that open real dialogue between parents and teachers to help students.
- Simulates mini-conferences to allow parents to experience the teacher side of the conversations.
Included: A Preparatory Consultation with School Staff:
- What is the school struggling with in terms of parent communication?
- What has staff done to remedy the situation?
- How willing are parents to attend workshops?
- What are some specific things administration and teachers would like to see from parents?
- What do you think parents would like to see in your school? (create a form to be filled out by parents that attend the workshop)
- Review the lesson plan outline for the Parent Workshop.
Included: 30 minute- 1 hour Parent Workshop
- Warm-ups and Ice-breakers to create an environment of comfort.
- Parent/Teacher meeting Role-play (Putting parents in teacher’s shoes)
- Training on the selected topic.
- Group discussion and completion of Preparation form created by Parent Focus and School Staff.
Post Consultation Meeting with School Staff:
- Review the form results.
- Discuss key findings and conversations from the workshop.
- Schedule the next workshop.